(60 and 90 day programs)
PTSD – Bi-polar – Depression – Anxiety
New Life Spirit Recovery treats people in the area of body, soul and spirit. We believe each area requires a proper assessment and needs an effective solution. Why we are different from most programs is that we don’t place a pharmaceutical solution onto an emotional or spiritual problem. When addressing co-occurring clients, there are oftentimes physiological imbalances and deficiencies that can mimic the symptoms of a psychiatric disorder (click here to read an article by Dr. Schuder). Our goal is to untangle the root cause of any symptoms, using medication only as a last resort. We treat emotional issue through intensive counseling, and promote spiritual freedom through prayer, bible studies, spiritual workshop and other Christian materials. Physical problems are first diagnosed through the use of exhaustive panels of blood, urine and saliva. Then through a methodical process of elimination, treatment options are given. In some cases, clients need vitamins and other nutritional supplements; in other cases, a medication may be prescribed based test result. Our doctor uses facts, not assumptions to learn how to assist a person with the best opportunity to live a life free from addiction.
In totality, New Life is looking to bring a person into balance emotionally, spiritual and physically, looking at rooted issues in each area, and applying the correct remedy.
About Dr. Shuder:
Dr. Suzie E. Schuder is one of the top and leading psychiatrists of addiction medicine in the country. She has a unique approach in that unlike most doctors, she seeks to utilize medication as a last resort, rather than rely on it as a complete and total solution. She understands that addiction is three-fold: body, soul and spirit. She works with our professional to team to assure each client is being treated for each issue with the proper solution.
We believe that you will find no better doctor in the industry that can promote the body’s health, without risking being exposed to unnecessary medication that may hurt, rather than help a person long term. Clients that have completed Dr. Schuder’s care found that the “fog” lifted, the devastating effects of addiction were significantly reduced and the body was on its way to being balanced and healthy.
How Our Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment Admissions Process Works:
- An evaluation will be completed by a Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment Specialist during the initial intake process at New Life Spirit Recovery and an assessment will be made addressing the whole person; including the physical, emotional, spiritual and psychological aspects.
- A treatment plan will then be structured to specifically address each one of the needs that surfaced.
- If deemed necessary, an additional evaluation and blood work will be completed by a qualified psychiatrist. Psychiatric services are provided as needed, but are not included in the basic addiction treatment package.
- Blood work, psychiatrist visits and all medication are additional and will be billed to the client as such. If such services are necessary, a minimum of 60 days in treatment is required so that changes can be monitored effectively.
- This option includes a combination of life skills, health, addiction and Co-Occurring classes, groups, and intensive individual counseling. This package also includes an invite to stay in New Life Spirit Recovery’s Guest Home while in treatment.